Dr. Marco Costantini
- Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) in Aerospace Engineering, Politecnico di Milano (2007)
- Master of Science (M. Sc.) in Aeronautical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano (2010)
- Doctorate in Engineering (Dr.-Ing.), RWTH Aachen (2016)
Academic Exchange Periods
- Erasmus Student Exchange Programme at RWTH Aachen (2008-2009)
- Research stay at CNR-INM, Rome (2019-2020)
Research and Academic Experience
- Master Thesis in the Supersonic and Hypersonic Technology Department, Institute of Aerodynamics and Flow Technology of DLR in Cologne (2009-2010).
- Researcher in the Experimental Methods Department, Institute of Aerodynamics and Flow Technology of DLR in Goettingen, since 2010.
- Airbus-DLR Partnership (2010-2014)
- Lecturer of Fluid Mechanics at TU Clausthal (since 2018)
Professional services and awards
- Member of the AVT-313 Panel (NATO STO)
- Honored with the RWTH “Borchers Badge” for doctoral examination with distinction (summa cum laude), 2018.
- Honored with the “Outstanding Paper Award” by the AIAA Ground Testing Technical Committee for the AIAA Paper No. 2013-1137, 2013.
- Development and application of temperature-sensitive paint for aerodynamic and hydrodynamic investigations in wind and water tunnels
- Optical measurement techniques for the experimental determination of the wall shear stress
- Experimental investigation of boundary-layer stability and transition
- Laminar flow testing at Mach and Reynolds numbers relevant for flight
- Experimental study of flow separation and reattachment of both laminar and turbulent flows